Tuesday, January 24, 2017


The book Feed is an interesting one. This book seams to follow more of a modern trend unlike Eleanor and park. Eleanor and park was a bit old fashion or so it felt, whereas Feed has more of a modern feel that hits a little closer to home. M.T. Anderson has a unique way of having the characters talk, he makes it complicated and at times it’s difficult to understand fully what Titus and Violet are saying. I don’t really understand the “feed” either the author M.T. Anderson doesn’t do a well enough job of explaining it and it leaves the audience in sort of a grey area on what it really is and sort of makes the audience guess on what it is. The way Titus and Violet communicate is more realistic approach. They start off as friends first which is relatable to almost everyone because we all have that friend that we can relate this story to as well as ourselves. The way they take their relationship slow by becoming best friends first shows that they actually care about each other and want to be able to be on the same emotional page with each other and they want to have something real not just jumping in head first and not having something that lasts. They both sort of agree to take it slow because they both don’t want their friendship to go to waste and of course they want the relationship to last. I also sense a sort of hesitation in them transitioning from friends because they are both so afraid to put it all on the table and get broken. Overall I loved the beginning of this book because it has a little more sense of realism and is interesting to follow along with.  

6 comments:

  1. I agree how Titus' and Violet's relationship is more realistic in this book. They start off as friends and get to know each other, and majority of the time I feel like that happens today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like how Titus and Violet did things right by getting to know each other then became best friends. I think in order to have a successful relationship you must be friends first. I agree with you I also find this book confusing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like how Titus and Violet did things right by getting to know each other then became best friends. I think in order to have a successful relationship you must be friends first. I agree with you I also find this book confusing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amiya- I agree with you very much. It would seem as though they wouldn't have the capacity to get each other, like really get to know each other because of Feed generating responses for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting take on the book Feed! I personally would consider Feed more of a future book than a modern book. I also didn't feel as if ELeanor and Park was more old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting take on the book Feed! I personally would consider Feed more of a future book than a modern book. I also didn't feel as if ELeanor and Park was more old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete