Thursday, January 19, 2017


The end of Eleanor and Park is a whirlwind of emotions and events. At the end of the story Richie finally finds out about Eleanor and Park and goes crazy for a number of reasons. He goes crazy because he never knew about park and he never knew that they were dating none-the-less so he decides to go absolutely insane and search every corner of the city for her only to have wasted his efforts. Eleanor comes to the conclusion that she can’t stay at home any longer and it’s in her best interest to leave and go live with her uncle in Minnesota to finally escape the crazy home life she has been dealing with for the longest time. I was so relieved when Eleanor finally told her mom everything about park because it seemed to life this huge weight off of her back and sort of accept that Richie was going to be mad and be able to deal with it head on instead of continuously avoiding it. When park is able to drive Eleanor all the way to Minnesota I was shocked because his parents would let him do something like that. His parents understand how much Eleanor means to park and they understand what he is going through so that is most likely the reason they let him go. When Park drops her off they both know what will happen but they dint want to face it. After park leaves he still likes her so he continues to write her letters but what shocks me is the fact that Eleanor never opens them or replies to them. Maybe she is trying to get him out of her head because they know they most likely not see each other again. Overall this was a very enjoyable book and I would recommend it to anyone who is in search of a good young adult literature book.

3 comments:

  1. I was also shocked that Park's parents allowed him to drive Eleanor to Minnesota. But I'm glad that they are understanding. I also enjoyed the book overall, however I was somewhat disappointed with the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also shocked Park got to drive Eleanor all the way to Minnesota. I was a little upset Eleanor never opened any of Parks letters. Yes I agree she probably didn't open the letters in efforts to get over Park, but that was still rude of her. The ending was so bittersweet, I hope there is an Eleanor and Park two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely find myself agreeing with you. The "whirlwind" effect is the truth, because it picks up so quickly and dramatically! Also, I like how you are the first to address Park's parents warming up towards his girlfriend, which plays a pretty vital role when he has to drive her

    ReplyDelete